Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 5

We are happy to be here at 5 weeks pregnant!  Even though this has been a disastrous week, we still remind ourselves every day, every hour, every minute how lucky we are to be here.

Even so...

Week five brought us influenza--which, in case you don't know, is a nightmare to deal with when you're pregnant.  I wish I had known that you have no immune system the second you get pregnant.  Maybe I wouldn't have passed up that Clorox wipe at the grocery store.  Whatever the case, the flu knocked me on my butt.  So much that I missed work for three days (much to the surprise of my sweet little school).  I kept my fever down with half doses of Tylenol and sheer will.  Also, with lots of sleep.  It is now Monday, and I'm finally feeling like myself again.

Week five also brought us another introduction to pregnancy.  Morning sickness.  I don't even want to talk about it.  Suffice it to say that coffee, lattes, Coke Zero, and cherry tomatoes are no longer part of my life.

Other than that, things have been running pretty smoothly around here.  We've been talking a lot about the sex of the baby--making our guesses.  Jason and I think it's a boy--as do my dad, Brandon and Katie.  Everyone else seems to think it's a girl.  The unknown keeps my money in my wallet.  Which is fortunate because baby stuff is so adorable!  For now, we're making a point to buy a pack of diapers every week to keep the chill off our bones in September.  They're not cheap, folks!


We're counting the days until our first doctor's appointment--where we get to see little chippy and hear his (her?) heartbeat.  The whole thing is quite thrilling.  We're going to have a BABY!

I only get one more of these tests before they've told me all they can.  It's still pretty darn exciting to see that word.  Pregnant.

With love,
Ashley

Her Stats:
Weeks Pregnant:  5.
Baby size:  Orange seed.
Weeks to go: 35.
Cravings:  Lemonade, lemon water, lemons, oranges, cookies n' cream ice cream.
Feeling:  Sleepy.  Nauseous. 
Missing most:  Energy.  Feeling awake.
Loving most:  Extra hugs from the husband.
Gender predictions:  Boy.
His Stats:
Patience level: Low-Moderate.
Cravings: Hot dogs.
Missing most: Christmas break.
Her worst symptom: Overly affectionate. (rude!)
Feeling: Hungry and contemplative.
Gender predictions: Man.  Bearded.

3 comments:

  1. Listen to you 2 smarties, squirreling away a box of diapers per week. Sorry about your flu and nausea. You still sound full of happiness and joy =) Ed and I will put in our guess on the baby's sex. We think it will be a boy. We think of all three of you every day and pray that all goes well during the coming weeks and months. Love, Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Villarreal side of the family seems prone to producing females, but I'm going to hold off on my guess awhile longer.

    If you can avoid the bearded man prediction, that would be good. Because I'm not sure the morning sickness would fade with that result...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why am I unknown for crap's sake? This is Chip's Auntie speaking.... -____-

      Delete