Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Weeks 6 and 7


So Chippy has gone from size of a sweet pea to blueberry and finally to raspberry and my body is definitely letting me know that there are some serious changes afoot.  I'm running the gamut of pregnancy symptoms and while I'm so glad to be here, I could truly do without some of the more intense symptoms.  Vomiting has picked up and for a while, I spent every morning and every night with my head in the toilet.  But someone recommended I try a B6 and Unisom combo every night, and it worked like a charm.  I get a little queasy, but I manage to keep everything down.

The most prevalent symptom, by far, has been fatigue.  Without my morning latte, I am dragging.  I feel a crash every day at 10, 1, and 3 on the nose.  I even took a nap in the Walmart parking lot before I could muster the energy to go inside.  I haven't found any good solution to this, but I'm told in just a few more weeks, I'll get my energy back.  Fingers crossed.

Jason has been very attentive these last few weeks.  And I'm comforted by his casual mentions of some research he's done about one thing or another.  He oohs and awws and fusses over me when I'm not feeling well (which he did even before I was pregnant) and does everything in his power to ease even the most minute suffering.  And then there's Eunice--the pregnancy pillow I requested for my birthday this week, which leaves him approximately 12 inches of sleeping room for him in our queen sized bed. This u-shaped monstrosity is firm and comfy and wraps me up in a nest.  It's way too early to need it, but it's comfy enough to want it. 

We also announced to the world that we're having a baby last week.  I know some might think it's a little early for that announcement, but too many people knew and I'm really terrible with secrets.  Plus, how in the world are you supposed to keep something so exciting to yourself?  Especially when you're vomiting every third minute.  Or retching at the smell of someone's coffee. 


Anyway, that's all that's going on in our clan!  Still so happy, and so thankful to be here.

Love,
Ashley

Her Stats:
Weeks Pregnant:  Almost 8.
Baby size:  Raspberry.
Weeks to go: 32
Cravings:  Milk, ice cream, yogurt, cereal (with milk!), carrots and ranch, chocolate cake.
Food aversions:  Hummus, refried beans, coffee, hot dogs, broccoli cheddar soup.
Feeling:  So, so, so exhausted.  In need of a nap.
Missing most:  Energy.  Feeling awake.  Coffee mornings.
Loving most:  Eunice
Gender predictions:  Still a boy.

His Stats:
Patience level: Thin.
Cravings: Brownies.
Missing most: Bed space.
Her worst symptom:  Her anger. (pu-lease)
Feeling: Frustration.
Gender predictions: Man. Lumberjack.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the update. Hope the vomiting goes soon and the energy returns soon. It will, and then you will be wondering what to do with all this energy. For Ashley's sake, I hope Jason's prediction of a lumberjack is wrong. She might appreciate a smaller little man. God bless all (3) of you. Love, Mom/Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the baby predictions are getting burlier... I might have to put my money on a little princess just to offset things, but I'm not ready to place a bet just yet.

    Hope the nausea stays away and that you feel pert and perky again soon!

    - Auntie Liz

    ReplyDelete